Friday, April 20, 2007

Running.

So, I went running just now. I can just feel how good it is for my body, it's disgusting. I need to go eat Taco Bell or something.

No, just kidding! It really has been quite hard since I started, but the benefits are undeniable:
1) Helps me to be disciplined with other things (like reading the Bible, which I do immediately after running)
2) I feel good! I want to eat more good stuff and drink more water
3) I will be hotter for my hypothetical wife
4) It might make me live longer and be more physically capable
5) I get to wear shorts with high socks

On an entirely irrelevant note:
It always baffles me when I start asking myself the question, "Why do I do ___?" about just everything I do. Why do I eat so much candy? Why do I down two glasses of water every night before I go to bed even though I KNOW I am going to wake up in an hour or two to go to the bathroom? Why have I been staring at the compute for the past twenty minutes unsure what to write about?

Especially when I ask this about my sins, I find that I don't have any answer (or at least not an acceptable answer). Why did I lie? Why am I lazy? Why am I rude? Why do I say wrong things? Why do I speed?

I would like very much to figure out a couple of things before I do any action.
A) What are my reasons for this thing I am about to do?
B) Are these good reasons?

Aha! I have figured out how to stop sinning altogether! Tell your friends

-Prince Cor

5 comments:

Jimmy Archer said...

Lol... but I think it's better to get a strong understanding of where you are in God's story, and how you should act accordingly. Reeeedeeeeem

Amy said...

Hey you!

Thanks for the blog update...speaking of eating healthier...I need to do that too.

I like your method of "stopping sin altogether" although a lot of times even though you answer questions 1 and 2 you still end up sinning... :( ...oh well...I guess we can't be perfect here on earth but we certainly can strive for it keeping our focus on the fact that this isn't our home and running the race to be fit for the task God has given us...ok I'm rambling...anyways, thanks for the update!!!

Jonathan Roberts said...

It's all about white elephants.

JJ Brenner said...

Man, you must be so worn out from running you forgot to blog.

rustypth said...

LOL, seriously. where r all the blogolicious blogs???!!! =)